Wheatfield Township

Burn Permits

How to receive a burn permit

Burn Permits may be obtained by calling NIESA at 517-655-1383. Open burning of waste that contains plastic, rubber, foam, chemically treated wood, textiles, electronics, chemicals or hazardous materials is prohibited by law. Residents may still burn yard waste such as brush and leaves, and household waste such as cardboard and paper products.